Wifi Protector v1.4.2
Requirements: Android version 2.1 and higher
Overview: Protect Yourself From Wi-Fi Sniffing Attacks. The Original Wifi Protector.
No other app provides this kind of high network security.
Detects and protects from all kinds of ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) related attacks in Wi-Fi networks, like DOS (Denial Of Service) or MITM (Man In The Middle).
Protects your phone from tools like FaceNiff, Cain & Abel, ANTI, ettercap, DroidSheep, NetCut, and all others that try to hijack your session via “Man In The Middle” through ARP spoofing / ARP poisoning.
Don’t allow such tools to break your privacy and steal your data. You can defend yourself with a single app.
Allows secure usage of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Live.com, eBay …
WifiKill can’t take you offline with this app installed. The “Immunity” feature is the only one that requires root, all other features work without root access.
- Uses very few resources
- Uses no resources if Wi-Fi is disabled
- Nearly zero battery consumption
- Requires very few permissions. Requests only absolutely necessary permissions
- No configuration required, works off the shelf for novices
- Experts can change many settings to adapt the app to their needs
- Undetectable by the bad guy
- 100% silent and passive inside the network. Generates no noise
- Highly customizable notifications
- Plays ringtone on attack (optional)
- Vibrates in a given pattern on attack (optional)
- Easy to use one-click-interface as well as detailed network view for experts
- “Immunity” protects you without disabling Wi-Fi (root required)
- Can also disable Wi-Fi if you don’t have root access to your phone
- Logging of all spoofing attempts with details about the network and the attacker
- Works in complex wireless LANs, like vWLAN and WDS (please see FAQ)
- Detects networks already under attack
- Automatic countermeasures
Please keep in mind: There’s no way to respond to your Android Market review. If you have questions, suggestions, feature requests, please send an E-Mail to the address below.
You may also find answers to Frequently Asked Questions under <b>http://www.gurkedev.com/wifiprotector/faq/</b>
BUGFIX: Fixed ANR on some devices that happened in rare cases when app is started first time
BUGFIX: Fixed rare FC when restarting service from Expert Perspective